Michael p. murray
E. email@example.com T. +1 571 228 4443. 1944 WHITLEY AVE. APT. 302, LA, CA 90068
A proven leader with extensive experience at a top global media company leading projects and teams under pressure in all aspects of content creation and distribution – from breaking news field producing and shooting to post-production and distribution.
AREAS OF IMPACT
Regularly handle high-pressure deadlines, Team management, News, PR and Social industry experience, Mentor, coach and grow staff , Works well with internal and external partners, Quick Solution finder, Out of the box ideas and innovation, Create and navigate large amounts of content, Shooting & editing, Efficient use of resources, Bilingual in English/French with US and EU passport, Story pitching and identification
ABC NewsOne Western Bureau, Los Angeles, CA
Manager - 01/09/2015 – present // Producer - 07/01/2012 – 01/09/2015
- Lead network affiliate and client coverage for the Western US and Asia.
- Hire, coach and manage western NewsOne staff of producers, editors, photographer crews, PA’s and interns.
- Pitch stories daily and produce/edit/shoot day of air and feature video packages using professional editing software (AVID) and DSLR cameras for distribution to all 280+ ABC affiliates and partners.
- Lead breaking news field producer for ABC NewsOne in the West.
- Produced, managed and shot live coverage of Hurricane Harvey and Houston flooding, The 2016 & 2012 Elections, The Oscars (5x), The Super Bowl (3x), the San Bernadino Massacre, Orlando Nightclub shooting, wildfires, flooding, etc.
- Schedule news coverage calendar to ensure complete coverage of major events (Oscars, Super Bowl, Election Night, etc.).
- Monitor the performance of my team’s coverage and stories to optimize content use and distribution.
- Consolidate opportunities for content, streaming and interviews across ABC platforms (NewsOne, Digital/ABCNews.com, Radio and Network shows).
- Produce, shoot and edit for Good Morning America, World News Tonight and ESPN (Sportscenter and College Gameday).
- Lead field producer for ABC clients at major and breaking news events (the BBC, CTV, NHK, Al Jazeera Arabic, Univision and more). Providing transmission and logistical support to get these stations on the air and/or streaming.
Fish Bolo, Ft. Lauderdale, FL
President - 03/01/2015 – present
- Run social media for this deep sea fishing company out of Florida started by my Father.
- 109,224 likes on Facebook and counting: https://www.facebook.com/BOLOSportFishing/
ConvoNation LLC - New York, NY
Chief Executive Officer - 01/01/2008 – 08/01/11 (concurrent with ABC)
- Received US$350,000 from seed stage investors to successfully create a social conversational structure system for enhancing corporate communications between stakeholders.
- Led all facets of business development, from overseeing site development and developers to creating a full marketing and expansion plan.
- Developed in-depth research into the social media field and its integration with media and news.
ABC World News with Diane Sawyer - New York, NY
Staff Digital Production Associate - 4/21/2010 – 06/30/12
- Researcher for World News and Diane Sawyer, including during the Gulf Oil Spill and the Arab Spring.
- Managed the World News Facebook, Twitter and Tumblr accounts.
- Produced, edited and shot full stories for this national network broadcast.
- Created questions on foreign policy that were used in an ABC News presidential debate.
- Wrote and reported stories for ABCNews.com.
- Coordinated video, both analogue and digital, for World News pieces.
- Coordinated video sourcing and intake for all ABC News shows.
ABC World News with Diane Sawyer - New York, NY
Staff Desk Assistant - 9/18/2008 – 4/21/2010 // Vacation Relief Desk Assistant (3 month contract) - 4/4/2008 – 9/18/2008
Various duties from running scripts and providing editorial help to booking crews in breaking news events and helping produce pieces.
- World News with Diane Sawyer- 07/09 – 04/10
- Foreign Assignment Desk - 07/09 – 07/09
- Overnight Desk - 01/09 – 07/09
- Weekend World News - 11/08 – 01/09
- Good Morning America - 09/08 – 11/08
- World News Now/America This Morning - 04/08 – 09/08
Hill & Knowlton (Public Relations Agency) - New York, NY
New Client Relations: Account Executive - 9/01/2006 – 4/1/2008
- Worked with interdepartmental teams to strategize, develop and implement new concepts for clients such as Yahoo!, TomTom and NIVEA.
- Composed press releases and managed communication and advertising campaigns for several international clients.
- Reengineered the company intranet system working with various departments to secure specific needs.
Young & Rubicam (Advertising Agency) - New York, NY
Brand Planning Department: Internship - 5/23/2005 – 7/1/2005
Communication Department: Internship - 6/27/2004 – 7/15/2004
AWARDS AND ACCOLADES:
- Named the ABC News “MVP” for December 2015.
- Murrow Award win for Overall Television excellence in 2014, 2015 and 2016.
- Nominated for a News Emmy for producing/editing for the Special Reports and World News after Rep. Gabrielle Giffords was shot.
CONTENT LINKS (Producer/Interviewer/Writer/Editor/Shooter):
"GMA American Music Awards Preview": http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/video/american-music-awards-preview-43669195
"An Inside Look at 'Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare'": http://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/call-duty-star-jamie-gray-hyder-reveals-video/story?id=43305851
"Lost Fania Latin Classics Being Remixed for a New Audience": http://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/lost-fania-latin-classics-remixed-audience/story?id=38747333
"Osama Bin Laden Dead: The Navy SEALs Who Hunted and Killed Al Qaeda Leader": http://abcnews.go.com/US/osama-bin-laden-dead-navy-seal-team-responsible/story?id=13509739
- Boston College, School of Arts & Sciences. Bachelor of Arts in Communications. Class of 2006
- Gonzaga College High School, Washington D.C. Graduated 2002